Up Your Upcycling Game
Upcycling is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or for better environmental value.
Upcycle in Home Decor
- Wrap yarn or packing string around a clean glass jar and tie in a knot.
- Place the jar upside down on a covered surface and spray paint it evenly with 2-3 coats.
- Once it is fully dry just cut the string and unwrap it.
- Place a tea light inside and enjoy your new, beautiful candle holder!
Upcycle in Crafts
- Use leftover scrapbook paper or wrapping paper and cut out circles that are different sizes, or other interesting shapes.
- Adhere them to the front of your card with glue or tape. Use foam adhesive to create dimension.
- Add a couple of gems, as desired, to finish the card!
Upcycle in the Garden
- Wash out your plastic milk jugs with soap and water and let dry.
- Punch holes in the cap using a push pin.
- Fill the jug with water and screw the cap back on.
- Now you have a watering can for your garden and it's easy to carry without spelling!