October is Vegetarian Month. While some choose to eat a vegetarian diet every day, many households have adopted Meatless Monday. Switch up the menu and try out some new recipes for Meatless Monday! These simple, slow cooker vegetarian recipes are sure to make your Monday easier.
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- Two 15-ounce cans of mild or medium red enchilada sauce, divided
- One 15-ounce can of diced fire roasted tomatoes and green chilies
- One cup un-cooked quinoa + ½ cup water
- Four ounces cream cheese (light or fat free is okay)
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper)
- One cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- Add beans, corn, 1 can of enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes and chilies, quinoa, water, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to the slow cooker. Stir everything together.
- Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce on top, then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover and cook 4-5 hours on high or 5-7 hours on low.
White Bean Stew
- 2 pounds white beans
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 large celery stalks, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. each: dried rosemary, thyme, oregano
- 10-12 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- One 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 5-6 cups roughly chopped leafy greens
- Add the beans, diced carrots, celery, onions, garlic, bay leaf and dried herbs to the slow cooker. Add the water. (Use less for a thicker stew, more for more of a soup.)
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Remove lid from slow cooker and add the salt and pepper, and diced tomatoes. Let cook for another 1-1½ hours, or until beans are very soft.
- Before serving, stir in the chopped greens.
- Three 14 1/2 ounce cans diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic
- Two 14 ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 12 ounces dried linguine, fettucine, or other favorite pasta
- Coat the inside of a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Drain two of the cans of diced tomatoes. In the prepared cooker, stir together drained and undrained tomatoes, the artichoke hearts, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Stir in whipping cream; let stand about 5 minutes to heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sauce over hot cooked pasta.
While taking on Meatless Monday, why not take on something else new and hire a cleaning service? The time you spent cleaning can now be used for you to relax! Visit The Cleaning Authority
today for a free estimate.