August 15th is Relaxation Day! Show yourself some love today (and every day). Chronic stress can increase your risk for heart disease, depression, and anxiety, which is why it’s important to take a break every now and then.
- Try out a new hobby. Take your mind off of all the weekday stressors by starting a new book, cooking a new dish, crafting, or playing an instrument.
- Get some sun. Doctors recommend a minimum of 15-30 minutes of sun exposure several times a week to get the proper dose of vitamin D. Reaching your daily recommended dose of vitamin D can actually reduce your risk for heart disease, boost your immune system, and strengthen your bones! If you’re outside for longer than 20 minutes, make sure to apply sunscreen.
- Have an at-home spa day. Give your body a rest and pamper yourself by lighting some candles, putting on your favorite movie, a face mask, and a comfy robe. There’s nothing better than some much needed self-care, but it’s even more relaxing in a clean bathroom!
- Keep the kids occupied. While you relax, use this printable chore chart to delegate tasks and keep them busy while encouraging a positive work ethic and responsibility.
- Promote healthy habits. Check out our blog post on “5 Positive Habits to Make Your Health a Priority” to keep your body and mind in tip top shape.
- Meditate or do yoga. Yoga and meditation can release pent up stress and improve focus, concentration, and mindfulness.
- Treat yourself! We all need to indulge sometimes. Eat that bowl of ice cream, buy that new shirt, or hire a cleaning service to guarantee a clean house every day.
Let The Cleaning Authority give you the break you deserve! Click here to get a free online estimate and begin your stress-less lifestyle today.