There is no shortage of outdoor activities throughout the summer, ranging from family barbecues, beach days, games in the yard, nights at the ice cream shop, and much more. But with fun activities come unexpected stains!
Follow these tips and tricks to treat some of summer’s most common stains.
- Create a solution of two parts water to one-part white vinegar.
- Soak clothes in solution for 15 min.
- Once soaked, dab to help lift the rest of the stain before washing with enzyme-based detergent.
- Blot the stain with a paper towel.
- Apply dishwashing liquid directly to the splatter.
- Let the liquid saturate the area for a few minutes and then run the piece of clothing through the washing machine.
- Blot with a dry cloth.
- Apply corn flour to the stain to help absorb any remaining oil. Leave on for approximately 30 min.
- After the time has elapsed, remove any powder residue and rub with a gentle detergent.
- Mix hot water and detergent and soak for 30 minutes. Then, throw in the laundry and wash as directed on the care label.
Ice Cream Stains
- Gently wipe, or blot if it’s liquid.
- Rinse with cold water and dab laundry detergent onto the stain. Let it sit for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Place clothing in a tub or sink of cold water. Let it sit for another 30 minutes.
- Rinse and wash regularly.
- Use a knife or spoon to lift any remaining condiments off the fabric.
- Turn the affected clothing inside out and run under cold water to help push the stain out.
- Apply liquid laundry detergent to assist in rubbing out the stain. Once you no longer see any hint of the stain apply a stain remover and allow it to saturate for about five minutes. If the stain is not fully removed, apply more detergent.
- Once there is no stain remaining, wash in the washing machine per label instructions.
Hiring The Cleaning Authority allows you to spend more time with the ones you love, doing the things you love! The Cleaning Authority offers affordable, reliable, and thorough housecleaning. To set up an estimate, visit https://www.estimate.thecleaningauthority.com.