Thanksgiving Seating With Style
The food is not the only thing you want looking great on Thanksgiving Day! Add a personal touch to your table decor with this easy DIY Thanksgiving Place Cards craft:
First, download the template. Then follow these instructions:
1. Your needed supplies will include: Template Printed, Colored Cardstock, Scissors, Glue, Tape, Sticker Labels (optional).
2. If you can print the template directly onto your cardstock, that’s great, if not you can easily transfer the outline to the cardstock by using a ballpoint pen to trace the design from the template on top of the cardstock.
3. Here you see the indentation outline from the tracing, so you know where to cut.
4. Cut out all of your shapes as seen on the template.
5. Cut the feathers at the angles shown, to give the feathery look.
6. Glue the head on the back of the label. (Hint: Make sure any pieces that have ink on them from outlining the template are turned around so the ink outline is on the backside.)
7. Glue the feathers on the back of the label, alternating colors and placement for a layered look.
8. Add a sticker label if desired, and decorate with a name or a Thanksgiving message. (Hint: Don’t decorate with any materials that could easily come off into your food, like glitter.)
9. Bend the ends of the long strip of cardstock, from the template, that will be the stand/napkin ring.
10. Tape the bent ends to the back of the label about 1/4 inch from the bottom. This will allow it to stand up by itself, and sit at an angle so people can easily read it. You can also tuck your napkin in the stand and use it as a napkin ring, too.
Categories: Home Life