If you’re ready to dive into starting a cleaning business, franchising is one of the most popular and safest ways to invest your money – when you invest with the right franchise. Cleaning franchises are quite beneficial because they’re a fast way to get your foot in the door without having to spend your time marketing or cleaning. Instead, you’re spending your time overseeing operations, building a dedicated team, and furthering your reputation in the industry.
To help you understand the advantages of investing in a cleaning franchise, let’s break down how they work.
Understanding Investment Fees
When you’re preparing to invest in a franchise, you’ll go through several steps with the parent company (franchisor). This includes mutually getting to know one another to determine whether it’s a good fit. Any reputable franchise will schedule times for you to speak with those at the corporate level as well as franchisees who are already doing the work you’ll eventually do.
Once you’ve made the decision that you’d like to join the network, you’ll pay the franchisor an investment fee. The fee schedule and amount vary among franchises – for example, with The Cleaning Authority, you’ll pay a sum upfront that covers everything you’ll need for the first several months in business:
- Territory Fee – To gain access and control over your desired area of occupation.
- Initial Franchising Fee – Your cost to join the franchising network.
- Computer & Training Software – To obtain your computer as well as online software access.
- Washer/Dryer/Furniture – Office materials you’ll need to conduct cleaning business.
- Cleaning Equipment & Supplies – All of the necessary tools to equip your future employees.
- Travel & Living Expenses While Training – Once you sign on as a franchisee, you’ll spend 10 days at our HQ in Maryland for classroom training. There, you'll have the opportunity to meet members of corporate in person.
- Insurance & Insurance Deposits for 3 Months – To cover your company and employees for day-to-day operation for the first few months.
- Opening Inventory – Any further office materials you’ll need to start running a successful business.
- Office Rent for 3 Months + 1 Month Security Deposit – You’ll have a physical office location to operate from.
- Local Marketing Fees (first 13 weeks) – We handle your advertising so you can focus on overseeing operations.
- Full-Time Manager – To help you start off on solid ground with onsite assistance.
- Vehicle Lease or Purchase – You’ll need a method of transportation!
- Additional Funds for 3 Months – A means to safely fund your business as you scale.
Once this initial investment is complete, you’ll be fully prepared to manage your business for several months before paying for continual insurance and marketing.
Access to Systems & Technology
Joining a franchise network gives you access to full support at every point, so you have a complete understanding of business operations.
At The Cleaning Authority, our systems and technologyinclude:
- Human Resource Management Tools
- Customer Retention and Win-Back Program
- Business Optimization Software
- National Call Center
- Advanced Marketing Program
These software solutions provide insight into detecting problem areas, measuring results, and adjusting to boost efficiency and revenue.
Along with the 10-day training program upon initiation, you’ll receive training from Operations Representatives, who are top-performing franchise owners at The Cleaning Authority. They’ll answer any question you have, provide quality insight, and support you every step of the way.
We also offer corporate support for customer acquisition, technology, and experts in the industry.
Our national marketing team has powerful writers, exceptional graphic designers, skilled video professionals, and quality digital strategists.
You won’t have to worry about bringing customers in the door because they will handle your advertising campaigns, including:
- Direct Mailing Programs
- Digital Strategies
- Remarketing Campaigns
- Social Media
- Customer Retention
- Online Reputation
We have over 220 franchisees nationwide, and our network is passionate about sharing learning experiences and advice so that everyone finds success. Along with your dedicated Operations Representatives, you can contact all franchisees. Plus, we hold an annual convention to bring everyone together to celebrate and share insights. There will always be help available to you, so you’re not learning lessons the hard way.
Now that you have a better understanding of how cleaning franchises work with The Cleaning Authority, have you decided to take the leap? Fill out our online form to begin, or give us a call at (888) 706-3615 with any questions!