With the holidays coming up, don’t let digging out the decorations be a chaotic mess. Use these tips to keep all of your seasonal decorations in order and easy to find.
- Take inventory and decide how many storage bins will be needed.
- Group everything by season or holiday, and then by type of décor.
- Store items that you use only once a year in separate bins from items that you switch out multiple times a year (i.e. seasonal candles or fake florals).
- Use uniform storage containers. Storage bins of the same size and shape are easier to stack, saving you space.
- Consider using different colored bin that correspond to different seasons.
- Label everything! Labels with the holiday or season the items in each bin are for will be a major saver when it’s time to decorate.
- Store the bins accessed multiple times a year in an easier location than the bins you only dig out once a year.
- Don’t make a mess when taking items out of storage. Keep empty boxes easily accessible for when you’re ready to put them away.
- When changing out the décor, take note of items you didn’t use so that you can get rid of them and they aren’t taking up precious storage space.
- Pack everything up neater than how you found it. Neatly wrapping lights and carefully wrapping ornaments will make all the difference when you unpack them again next year.
Holiday decorations will always look nicer when your home is clean! Visit The Cleaning Authority today for a free online estimate.