Independence Day is right around the corner and we want to help you impress your guests with these quick, easy, patriotic dishes to keep the American Spirit throughout your meal.
Flag Taco Salad
- 6 cups tortilla or corn chips
- 4 to 5 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 Cup black beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cooked ground beef
- Place chips in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish
- Layer ground beef on the bottom
- Then layer lettuce
- Arrange black beans in the upper left corner
- To form stripes, add cheese and tomatoes in alternating rows
- Serve immediately
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup jarred alfredo sauce
- 11 oz refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 3 slices of cheddar cheese
- 7 slices bacon
- Arrange the bacon slices on a cooling rack. Place it on a rimmed baking sheet and place in a cold oven. Preheat to 400°F. Set your timer for 20 minutes. Once 20 have passed, remove the bacon from the oven. Leave the oven on.
- Drain the bacon fat from the baking sheet and flip it over. Lightly grease the underside. Roll the dough onto the sheet. Prebake for 6 minutes.
- Use small star cookie cutter to cut star pieces out of the cheddar cheese.
- Spoon the Alfredo sauce over the crust.
- Place stars in the upper left corner. Arrange the bacon to the right and under the stars, creating stripes
- Sprinkle the mozzarella between the bacon stripes.
- Bake pizza an additional 6 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, browned and bubbly.
Flag Fruit Salad
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 2 Cups Strawberries
- 3 Bananas
- Cut strawberries and bananas into slices
- Place the blueberries in a small bowl at the top left corner of a rectangle tray or dish.
- Alternate lines of strawberries and bananas to mimic the strips on the flag.
While you’re preparing for your Fourth of July party, remember that (even if the party is outside) your friends and family will be in your home. Visit The Cleaning Authority today to get a free estimate and ensure your home is in tip top share for the party.