How often do you think that you touch your phone? A late 2019 study by global tech company, Asurion, found that Americans check their phone approximately 96 times a day, or once every 10 minutes.
The COVID-19 Pandemic has helped us think more thoughtfully about how much we are cleaning and disinfecting the things we use daily, and that should include our technology lifeline – our phones!
Check out this 5-minute tutorial on how to properly clean your smart phone!
- Unplug from any power source, remove your phone from its protective case, and turn off.
- Wash your hands using soap and water for at least 30 seconds.
- Gently wipe down the outside of your phone, including the screen, with an antibacterial wipe. The CDC recommends using alcohol-based wipes or sprays that contain at least 70% of alcohol to properly disinfect. If you are using a disinfectant spray, spray onto a microfiber cloth first, then wipe down the phone with a cloth. If your cloth is damp, wring out any excess moisture before wiping down.
- Note: Don’t get any moisture into openings, and do not use strong chemicals, including aerosol sprays, bleach or abrasives.
- Let it air dry for a few minutes.
- After wiping down your phone, don’t forget the accessories! Wipe down your phone case before putting your phone back into its protective cover.
Bonus Tip: How often should you clean your phone? We recommend wiping down your phone with a dry cloth daily, supplemented with a deeper clean 2-3 times a week.
Looking for more tips and tricks to clean and organize the items you use frequently? Sign up for our monthly consumer newsletter, Another One Fights the Dust, here! https://www.thecleaningauthority.com/newsletter/